All the necessary studies of building projects, dwellings and special buildings (complete study with proposals of drafts, final study and application study) are being meticulously prepared. Special project studies are also being carried out.

A thorough supervision is as an important factor as the study itself, in terms of the outcome of the construction.  In the framework of complete supervision, our engineers inspect, guide and intervene in all the works until the completion of the construction and its connection to the city’s networks.

In the case of Self Supervision, our engineers are essentially taking over a number of the employer’s obligations, supervising daily and managing the project completely.

Building permits, according to Article 1 of Law 4030/2011, are required for the execution of any construction work, such as demolition of structures, excavations and floods, construction / addition / repair of buildings and their annexes, swimming pool construction, obstructions and fences etc.

Approval of small-scale works is required for the following tasks in legally-occupied buildings: construction of a special size elevation for people with disabilities, cutting of trees, erection of  scaffolds for exterior work in the building (coloring, rail replacement, antenna placement, maintenance / repair roofing etc.), pergola construction, internal arrangements, installation of external thermal insulation or passive solar systems, light material fencing etc.

The approval of small scale works is issued by the relevant building service, at the request of the owner, accompanied by a technical engineering report, and, depending on the case, by the necessary designs and documents .

The engineer’s certificate is now mandatory from 21/09/2011 for any Inter vivos legal transaction (transfer or creation of a right in rem).

The engineer’s certificate shall be accompanied by a topographic diagram, in accordance with the applicable specifications and the definitions in Law 651/1977 (A 207), dependent on the state coordinate system.

This ensures that: (a) there is no building on the property; or (b) in the estate or the distinguished detached, independent, horizontal or vertical property, excluding the shared ownership or communal areas of the property, no arbitrary constructions have been executed (in excess of the initial coverage and height of the construction), and that no unauthorized/illicit uses of the areas are being made; or (c) existing arbitrary constructions or established illicit uses fall within one of the exceptions of Article 82 section 2 and, thus, do not require any settlement.

The following documents are required, in order to issue the certificate: Building Permit Counterfoil, Topographic diagram, Approved Architectural Plans (land plans, etc.), Property titles, Legalization Documents (if applicable), Owner’s formal declaration.

It is worth noting that, due to the logic and practices of the past decades, most properties have some arbitrariness.

The Business Space License is the official document issued by the competent body (City or Region) so that the site can function legally and with the certification that it fulfills the necessary requirements regarding the safety, sanitation and functionality of the premises. Licenses vary depending on the use of each site, ie there are specific licenses for pharmacies, dance schools, private coaching schools, shops, food and beverage premises etc. The most important condition for obtaining such licenses is the suitability and legality of the site. The inspection of the space is carried out with the help of an engineer, who, after performing an autopsy in the area and inspecting its legalizing elements, draws up the required studies (depending on whether the building is existing or not), which must then be submitted to the suitable agencies (Municipality, District, Fire Department).

During a property selection proccess, the criteria should be:

-Characteristics of the property we are looking for (surface area, age etc),

-Property area/region characteristics (safety – public transport, marketability, schools, parks etc.)


-Property City Planning characteristics(buildability, land uses, building conditions and coefficients, etc.).

After the property has been selected, a legal check must be carried out, which consists of checking the titles and liabilities of the property.

Also necessary are the city planning and the technical inspection, which includes:

-Inspection of the technical legality of the property,

-Examination of the quality of the property, ie design and construction, quality of work and materials, as well as the functionality of the site,

-Inspection of whether the property’s surface area falls in  to the area building coefficient or whether it has a building coefficient transfer from another area,

-Inspection of the legality of the property’s auxiliary spaces,

-In the case of a land plot,the inspection of anydue debt , to a land and/or monetary levy due to the inclusion of the plot in the city plan area and any existing classification as a forest area, as well.

Also the integrity is checked and whether the plot is buildable.

Ownership of a property may belong to more than one person. Thus, in Greek law, we are talking about a shared entitlement or co-ownership, as each of the co-owners has an indivisible share of the common property. In such a case, each of the partakers, that is to say, the co-owners of the same property, is entitled to use the common immovable property, provided that it does not impede the co-usage by the others. Each of the co-owners, even if their share is very small, e.g. only 10% or 20% of the property, can sue at court, without having to invoke a specific reason, asking for the dissolution of the shared entitlement by the distribution of the common property. The distribution is made in whole if that is possible and permitted by town planning and other rules. The distribution may also be a proportional division of the money gained, after the property has been  auctioned, according to the ownership proportion of each co-owner, when the “in-whole” distribution is not possible.

This is the computerized testing of the structural adequacy of a building given its actual condition and its possible accumulated damage from a recent or older earthquake or other environmental actions. This is necessary, to determine the type and degree of intervention needed and to determine the most appropriate method of repairing the faults, to restore the building to its original condition and/or upgrading the building anti-seismic properties. This procedure is, also, done in advance, in cases of additions or change of use or, even, upon request of the owner for a better antiseismic protection of the building, according to modern perceptions.

An energy efficiency study is the study that analyzes and evaluates the energy performance of a building. According to the Building Energy Efficiency Regulation (KENAK), as of October 1, 2010, for every new or radically renovated building, with a total surface area of more than 50 m², in order to issue a building permit, it is also required to issue an Energy Efficiency Study and submit it to the relevant Urban Planning Service. It is an additional study, necessary for the issue of a building permit and replaces the heat insulation study, of the previous regulation.

According to the new legislation (Joint Ministerial Decision D6 / B / House 5825, Government Gazette 407 / 9-4-2010), each building has to meet certain minimum energy efficiency requirements. This is achieved by meeting certain minimum requirements regarding the design of the building, the thermotechnical characteristics of the shell elements and the technical characteristics of the electromechanical installations (heating, cooling, air conditioning, ventilation, lighting, hot water). The final consumption of primary energy is calculated and the building is compared to a reference building with similar geometric characteristics and is classified into an energy class, which will be confirmed by the energy inspection.

Once the construction of a new building or the overhaul of an existing building has been completed, the owner is required to request the issue of an energy performance certificate.In the event of the sale or lease of buildings the corresponding energy efficiency certificate is provided by the owner/leaser to the buyer/lessee

Bioclimatic building design is the appropriate design of a building which aims to optimally exploit natural and climatic conditions, through the use of mainly passive systems, in order to achieve the optimal indoor conditions of thermal comfort, quality of air and natural lighting throughout the year with the minimum power consumption.

The Energy Efficiency Certificate of a Building or Building Unit reflects its Energy Ranking, in order to allow the owners or tenants to compare and evaluate its energy performance. It is the attestation of the inspection, study and evaluation of the property by the engineer. It classifies buildings in energy efficiency classes, while giving an estimate of the annual energy consumption and the carbon dioxide emissions. It is accompanied by recommendations for the energy performance improvement of the property. It is necessary for the renting, sale, transfer of a non-incomplete property, as well as after the completion of the construction of each new or radically renovated building and is valid for 10 years from the date of its issuance. [If the building undergoes a radical renovation or addition to an extent that affects its energy performance, the validity of the building energy performance certificate expires at the time of completion of the renovation or addition.]

It should be noted that in case of non-issuance of this certificate a fine of 1000-10.000 euros is imposed against the legal debtor

Documents required for issuing the certificate:

For real estate built before 1983 (erected before 14/3/1983): Copies of architectural plans (Floor Plan / Sketch of property), Copy of the registration of the property in the Land Registry/Cadastre(if a registration has been made), a Topography / Sketch copy (if any), Property Title (Optional), Boiler Maintenance Sheet (optional).

For real estate built after 1983 (erected after 14/3/1983): Copies of architectural plans (Floor Plan / Sketch of property), Copy of the registration of the property in the Land Registry /Cadastre.(if a registration has been made), Copy of the Building License, Copy of request documents for settlement of arbitrages (from each regularization rule it appertains to), Topographic Map / Sketch Copy (if it exists), title deed (optional), Boiler Maintenance Sheet (optional), Thermal insulation study (optional).

The following data will, also, be recorded: Basic Property Details: Street Name, Street Number, Area, Postal Code, Property No. (eg Apartment A2), Exact coverage/square meters of property, Year of Construction Completion,Purpose of the certificate issuance (Sale, Rent, etc.).Contact Details: Status (Owner, Administrator, Tenant, Technical Officer etc), First Name, Surname, Contact Telephone.

Owner Details: Name, Surname, VAT Number. For the issue of the payment document, the following information is required from one of the owners:Tax Office/Public Fiscal Service, Residence Address (Street Name& Number, Area, Postal Code).